7.02.2009

East meets West.

It's the 21st century. Why can't I have a JRPG that allows me to fully customize my character's armor and weapons? Sure there have been small steps towards that, such as a new piece of armor offering a new skin, but I want full customization. Like an Elder Scrolls level of choice. But I want it on my JRPG. And why have JRPGs become so easy? Not in combat or puzzles, but in items? Why must there be a particular upgrade for a certain character's weapon? I want to have to choose. Maybe one sword has a fire bonus, but another sword does more flat damage? But I really need all of this in turn based combat. Classic turn based combat. I apologize, I've been replaying Final Fantasy 6 lately and that's truly the pinnacle of the RPG genre.

Maybe a turn based Diablo game would be pretty sweet. Plenty of loot options, and great skill trees to work your way through. That sounds like a blast to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment