1.31.2010

I Got Pretty Drunk Last Night...

...but I also enjoyed an awesome show by Genius and the Thieves and The Constellation Branch, who are originally from Phoenix, Arizona, and are currently embarking on a West Coast tour.

I don't like making comparisons as to what bands other bands sound like, so I'll just say that The Constellation Branch rocked the fuck out last night. They've got a really awesome sound and I highly suggest checking them out. (The False Awakening pt 2 and The Empty Glass are both great songs.) They've got CDs for sale, as well as some really bad ass tshirts, on their website, so go do some shopping.

You can find The Constellation Branch at:
http://www.myspace.com/theconstellationbranch
http://www.theconstellationbranch.com/vid.html

As far as Genius and the Thieves are concerned they are sounding better every time I hear them. Every time they debut a new song (this time it was Stay Young, which was dedicated to me, thanks, and as far as I'm concerned Stay Young is to Genius and the Thieves as November Rain is to Guns 'N Roses.) it's better than the last, and I've been saying that about every new song they've come out with lately. Maybe if I ask nicely I can request that the track list for the next EP be Stay Young, Revolver, and Super Mario. (And maybe I'll get behind the boards and produce them myself.)

You can find Genius and the Thieves at:
http://www.myspace.com/geniusandthethieves


I had taken a picture of both bands, but I'm a jackass and used my shitty iphone camera, so it didn't turn out. My bad. I apologize.



No comments:

Post a Comment